Know about Tortellini Pasta Salad Recipes : You should always have a recipe for a healthy pasta salad in your back pocket, like one that is packed with vegetables and tossed in a zippy dressing. You can make a filling summer supper for a large group by adding cheese and meat to it. Also, leftovers make for the ideal lunches to take to work or school the next day.
Tortellini, stuffed with cheese and spinach, takes the place of ordinary pasta in this salad. Artichokes, kalamata olives, fresh basil, feta, and summer sausage all provide huge flavors, while crunchy cucumbers and bell peppers round out the salad well.
Even though you have to boil the pasta, this recipe is quick and easy enough to make on those hot summer days when you don’t feel like cooking. This pasta salad is fresh, vibrant, and zingy, and it actually improves with time in the fridge.
How to Cook Tortellini Pasta Like a Pro
The water in which the tortellini will be cooked should be heavily salted. This is your one and only opportunity to season the pasta all the way through. Tortellini should be cooked in accordance with the package guidelines until al dente.
Rinse them under cold running water to quickly bring them down to room temperature after draining. This prevents the pasta from continuing to cook, which would result in mushy noodles, as well as the softening of the salad’s veggies and the melting of the cheese.
Make It Your Own Tortellini Salad Pasta
The key to getting a taste of everything in each bite of tortellini is to make sure the veggies, cheese, and meat are all around the same size. Here are a few suggestions:
- Summer sausage can be substituted with pepperoni, salami, or rotisserie chicken.
- To make it vegetarian, simply swap out the sausage for a can of chickpeas that has been rinsed and drained.
- Instead of feta, you may use small mozzarella balls or shredded Italian mix cheese.
- Tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, and carrots are all great additions.
Tortellini Salad Recipes
For the dressing
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from about 2 lemons)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
For the salad
- 2 (10-ounce) packages tortellini (any kind)
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 English cucumber, quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced (about 3 cups)
- 3/4 cup pitted and sliced kalamata olives
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- 8 ounces turkey summer sausage, quartered lengthwise and sliced (about 2 cups)
- 6 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh basil leaves